This gripping sequence is for opposite sided of opponents and will keep you in a position that makes you hard to throw but still enables you to throw.
Things to remember as you're gripping an opposite sided opponent:
- always rotate away from the direction they're trying to throw you
- lefties mostly throw clockwise
- righties mostly throw counter-clockwise
- kill their dominant hand by gripping with fingers over the top of their sleeve and put it to their hip
- free hand grips high on the lapel
- forehead goes into partner's temple to establish a strong position