This version of Sankaku is great when the clock is running out or when your opponent is really defensive and you can't get them to roll with anything else.
So this is Sankaku from behind.
- when judo opponent is in turtle grab underneath the armpit, through the chest, and onto the far lapel (this will just help us open them up and get the roll)
- post with your hand and at the same time shove your foot over the shoulder and across the chest
- make sure you have their arm and head trapped in between your legs
- shove the foot as far as you can across their chest and get the figure-four, lock
- squeeze the knees together for the submission
If you're not a member at the dojo, subscribe below to get emails when there are new techniques.